Dubai Airport Freezone was officially established by the Government of Dubai pursuant to Law No. 2 in 1996 and due to its location and all-encompassing business offerings has quickly become the premium free zone destination for a diverse collection of exclusive international bluechip companies, DAFZA is currently home to over 1600 companies from various industry sectors.
Leading global clients ranging from Aviation, Automotive, Fashion and Beauty, FMCG to IT and Telecommunications enjoy world-class facilities, personal services and infrastructure, which together allow them to run successful businesses in the Middle East and beyond. The DAFZ Authorities are highly selective of new entrants.
- “Designated Zone” under VAT regulations
- Strategic location in the heart of Dubai and next to the airport
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- World-class facilities
- Single window convenience for administrative services
- 24/7 customs services and rapid cargo clearance
- Dedicated logistics center
- Extensive cargo handling facilities
- 100% corporate and personal income tax exemption
- 100% import & export tax exemption
- 100% foreign company ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No currency restrictions
A DAFZA FZCO company can have a minimum of one shareholder and a maximum of fifty shareholders. Shareholders may be individuals, corporate entities or a combination of the two. Further, a manager and a secretary have to be nominated (shareholder can be a manager and secretary of the company) who should be a resident of UAE. The Company may have one or more Director(s), corporate directors are permissible.
The minimum share capital for a DAFZA FZCO company is Aed 1,000/- (1 share of Aed 1,000/- each).
Companies can set up as:
- New Company – Free Zone Company (FZCO)
- Branch of foreign and local companies
- Trading Licence: import, export, distribution, storage of specific products.
- Service Licence: Allows the investor to carry out only specified services
- Industrial Licence: light manufacturing, processing, assembling and packaging.
A DAFZA company is required to appoint an auditor and also submit its audited financial statements within 90 days after financial year end.
The Free Zone offers land plots, light industrial units and office units.
Land Plots – Dubai Airport Freezone offers plots of land on lease, in varying sizes. Up to 60% of the allotted land can be utilized for construction.
Light Industrial Units – High-quality thermally insulated and purpose-built units are available at Dubai Airport Freezone on an annual rental basis.
Office Units – Dubai Airport Freezone offers a wide range of high quality, free-sized offices, available for rent on an annual basis by advance payment.
DAFZA offers different package solutions for businesses looking for plug and play options.
Beta Consultants provides professional assistance to clients for assessing their business plans and incorporate entities in DAFZA.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com