Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is a part of Dubai based, state owned Economic Zones World, one of the world’s biggest developers of Economic Zones, Logistics and R&D driven Industrial Parks. Created under an Emiri Decree, JAFZAcommenced operations in 1985 with standard size office units and warehouses to provide ready built facilities to customers. In 1990 JAFZA expanded its facilities to include light industrial units.
JAFZA provides its customers an environment which is most conducive for growth. JAFZA is built over an area of 48 square kilometers.
Located next to Jebel Ali Port, the world’s 6th largest seaport and the upcoming Al Maktoum International Airport, the world’s largest cargo airport, Jafza is the only free zone in the world to be located between the two major logistic enablers. With a 30 minutes drive to DubaiInternationalAirport, Jebel Ali Free Zone is well positioned to enable its partners the fastest possible access to a market of over 2 billion people in the South and West Asia, the CIS and Africa. Supported with the region’s extensive highway network Jafza presents itself as the most efficient ally for all types of business opportunities.
- “Designated Zone” under VAT regulations
- 100% foreign ownership
- 0% corporate tax for 50 years (a concession that is renewable).
- No restriction on capital repatriation
- No recruitment restrictions
- No currency restrictions
- Facilities to mortgage construction on leased
- Onsite Customs
A JAFZA Company can have a minimum of one shareholder and a maximum of fifty shareholders. Shareholders can be an individual person or a non-individual/company. The Company may have one or more Director(s), corporate directors are not permissible. A manager should be appointed (shareholder, director or secretary can be a manager) who should be a resident of UAE.
There is no minimum capital requirement for a JAFZA company.
JAFZA offers several formation types to establish their company to suit individual requirements.
- New Company
- Public Listed Company (PLC)
- Branch of foreign and local companies
- Trading Licence: Allows the holder to import, export items specified on the licence.
- General Trading Licence: Allows the holder access to a wider range of activities on the licence.
- Service Licence: Allows the holder to carry out the services specified on the licence.
- Industrial Licence: Allows the holder to import raw materials, manufacture of specified products and export to other countries.
- National Industrial Licence: Issued for manufacturing companies with at least 51% GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) ownership.
- Logistics Licence: Allows specified logistics services.
- E-Commerce Licence: To carry out buying and selling of goods and services over electronic networks via any electronic means.
- Innovation Licence: To carry out development of new products and services.
A JAFZA company is required to submit its balance sheet (financial report) by the end of every financial year, audited by an auditor who is approved by JAFZA.
JAFZA offers a range of products specifically designed to meet a variety of business needs.
- Plots of land
- Customised development solutions
- Business Park
- Retail outlets
- On-site residence
Beta Consultants provides professional assistance to clients for assessing their business plan and incorporate entities in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA).
For more information, please email us at email@example.com